For thermal energy producers
Welcome to VertiCer, the counter for certification of renewable energy carriers.
Are you a producer of renewable thermal energy, or planning to become one? Then you can take care of all your business on this page. We will be happy to help you on your way!
Want to send, view or change data? Choose what you want to do below and you will be taken to the right place.
What does VertiCer do?
VertiCer is the institution in the Netherlands that issues Guarantees of Origin (GvO) and certificate of origin (CvO) for all sustainable energy carriers. A GvO is the only proof that energy has been generated in a sustainable way. A CvO is the only proof that electricity was generated from fossil sources. Both GvOs and CvOs can be traded. VertiCer is the central point for all matters relating to this certification.
Select which topic you want to know more about below, or view the frequently asked questions.
Registration as a thermal energy producer
This page tells you what you need to do to receive certificates for the thermal energy you produce.
To be eligible for the certificates, you must be registered as a producer with VertiCer. Also, your installation must be approved by a determination by your metering company and must be registered by VertiCer.
Roadmap for producer and production plant registration
- You can register yourself as a producer by logging into MyVertiCer and completing the registration form.
- You can then register your installation directly and fill in the registration form. If you are already known as a producer, you can register your installation directly after logging in.
- You need a few details of your installation for your application: the nominal capacity (in MW), the EAN code of your grid connection, your measurement company and your chosen GoO trader.
- Your measurement company will work for you to register your installation with VertiCer. The status of your registration can be seen in MyVertiCer.
- Once your installation is approved, you can send in the energy production dagta via measurement reports. After which VertiCer will issue GoOs.
- Have you applied for subsidy for your installation? After approval of your installation, we inform RvO. They will start working for you.
What data do I need to register my producer account and production facility?
- Your MyVertiCer login details are the details of your eHerkenning
- The rated capacity of your generating plant in MWth. You can convert your power output with this tool.
- The EAN code of your production plant. You can request this by mail at [email protected]. Mention in the mail your producer name, your metering company and type of thermal energy installation.
- Your measurement protocol co-signed by your measurement company, This describes your production plant, what energy flows there are and how these energy flows are measured.
Your production plant has been registered. What now?
That the raw materials used are of sustainable origin must be demonstrated and passed on to VertiCer.
The metering values are transmitted to VertiCer by you monthly or annually via a metering report from your metering company. Based on these measurement values, VertiCer issues the MoUs. How often you must submit the measurement values can be found in the reports.
Monthly biomass registrations
You mention these in your measurement report.
Frequently asked questions
Have you registered your production plant? You can find the status of your production installation in MyVertiCer below 'Mijn productie installaties'. Under the overview you can find the explanation of the status.
Click here to go to MyVertiCer.
Due to the transition to our new portal in October 2023, all registrations that had a valid status on 1-1-2022 and/or pending applications, where the registration period also exceeds the date 1-1-2022, have been transferred to the new portal. This is the reason why you may not see all historical data of your registrations in the new portal.
To give you the opportunity to still view the data from before 1-1-2022, you can consult it in our 'old' portal.
Consult history (Electricity and/or Thermal production installations):
You need to re-register your production plant via MyVertiCer. Choose your role in the menu to go to MyVertiCer and register your production installation.
You can only change your trader in MyVertiCer. If your production installation has changed, you must re-register it via MyVertiCer. Choose your role in the menu to go to MyVertiCer.