Cookie preferences
SettingsI agree

For thermal energy producers

Welcome to VertiCer, the counter for certification of renewable energy carriers.

Are you a producer of renewable thermal energy, or planning to become one? Then you can take care of all your business on this page. We will be happy to help you on your way!

To access the VertiCer platform from September 1, 2023 onwards, you must select the service "Login MyVertiCer" by company "VertiCer B.V." with your EHerkenningprovider. The assurance level remains unchanged. For more information see our newsitem.

What does VertiCer do?

VertiCer is the institution in the Netherlands that issues Guarantees of Origin (GvO) and certificate of origin (CvO) for all sustainable energy carriers. A GvO is the only proof that energy has been generated in a sustainable way. A CvO is the only proof that electricity was generated from fossil sources. Both GvOs and CvOs can be traded. VertiCer is the central point for all matters relating to this certification.

Select which topic you want to know more about below, or view the frequently asked questions.

Registration as a thermal energy producer

This page tells you what you need to do to receive certificates for the thermal energy you produce.

To be eligible for the certificates, you must be registered as a producer with VertiCer. Also, your installation must be approved by a determination by your metering company and must be registered by VertiCer.

Roadmap for producer and production plant registration

  1. You can register yourself as a producer by logging into MyVertiCer and completing the registration form.
  2. You can then register your installation by completing the registration form and emailing it signed by you and your metering company, along with your metering protocol, to [email protected].
  3. You need a few details of your plant for your registration: the rated capacity (in MWth), the EAN code of your production plant and your metering company.
  4. VertiCer goes to work for you to register your installation with VertiCer. The status of your registration can be seen in MyVertiCer.
  5. Once your plant has been approved, you can start sending in production data, in the form of measurement reports, after which VertiCer will issue the MoUs.
  6. Do you have a subsidy decision for your installation? After approval of your installation, we will inform RvO. They will start working for you.


What data do I need to register my producer account and production facility?

    Your MyVertiCer login details are the details of your eHerkenning
  1. The rated capacity of your generating plant in MWth. You can convert your power output with this tool.
  2. The EAN code of your production plant. You can request this by mail at [email protected]. Mention in the mail your producer name, your metering company and type of thermal energy installation.
  3. Your measurement protocol co-signed by your measurement company, This describes your production plant, what energy flows there are and how these energy flows are measured.

Register Producer


Your production plant has been registered. What now?

That the raw materials used are of sustainable origin must be demonstrated and passed on to VertiCer.

Measured values
The metering values are transmitted to VertiCer by you monthly or annually via a metering report from your metering company. Based on these measurement values, VertiCer issues the MoUs. How often you must submit the measurement values can be found in the reports.

Which reports to submit

Monthly biomass registrations
You mention these in your measurement report.

Quickly self-regulated

Want to send, view or change data? Choose what you want to do below and you will be taken to the right place.

No MyVertiCer account yet?
Producent elektriciteit en thermie
Actions in MyVertiCer
I want to renew or deregister my production facility
I want to view my production plant data and/or measured values
I want to send in my monthly statement or any other report
I want to make a change
I want to change my contact/relationship details
Producent elektriciteit en thermie
Actions in MyVertiCer
I want to renew or deregister my production facility
I want to view my production plant data and/or measured values
I want to send in my monthly statement or any other report
I want to make a change
I want to change my contact/relationship details
No MyVertiCer account yet?

Frequently asked questions

What is the notification status of my generating plant?

You can find the current status of your electricity or thermal energy production plant in the application. 

  1. Waiting for ApprovalThe grid operator has not yet given its approval. You can check the reason with the grid operator.
  2. On hold: The grid operator has put the registration on hold. You can check the reason with the grid operator.
  3. Approved: Good news! VertiCer will finally register the installation within 3 days.
  4. RejectedThe registration has been rejected. You can check the reason with the network operator.
  5. Expired: Your installation's registration has expired. You must re-register your installation.
How can I switch traders?

For electricity, green gas and hydrogen: 

You can make the trader switch yourself in MyVertiCer. Choose your role in the menu bar with the appropriate energy carrier. Through this page you can go to MyVertiCer.

Why should I use a trader? Can't I sell my GoOs myself?

A registered trading account with VertiCer is required to trade MoUs and COOs. You can decide which trader you choose. This does not have to be your energy supplier. We recommend that you contact a trader in advance to record possible agreements about the COOs.

However, selling your own green gas and hydrogen GoOs can be done by the producer.

My registration for my production plant is about to expire. What should I do?

For Electrical and thermal power generation plants:

You can renew your registration from 3 months prior to the date your registration expires.

You can arrange the renewal of your registration for an electric generating plant yourself online in My VertiCer. You can also find explanations on renewal in the user manual for producers in 'Downloads'. You then submit a so-called Re-request for Determination. After approval from your grid operator, you will receive a confirmation of this re-registration from VertiCer. The effective date of the reregistration corresponds to the end date of the previous registration. 

The renewal of your registration of a thermal energy production plant has not yet been digitised. You will receive an e-mail from us with a document attached approximately 3 months before your registration expires. You as the producer and your metering company must sign the document. You can then send it in PDF to [email protected]. VertiCer will then process the extension for you and you will receive a confirmation as soon as the registration has been extended.

We are there for you.

We are happy to help you. View the most frequently asked questions, or contact our service desk if you have not found the answer.

Frequently asked questionsContact us