Cookie preferences
SettingsI agree

For traders

VertiCer is the institution in the Netherlands that issues Guarantees of Origin (GvO) and certificate of origin (CvO) for all sustainable energy carriers. A GvO is the only proof that energy has been generated in a sustainable way. A CvO is the only proof that electricity was generated from fossil sources.

Both GvOs and CvOs can be traded. VertiCer is the central point for all matters relating to this certification.

Who can become a trader?

If you want to register as a trader with VertiCer, you must meet the following condition:

  • A Dutch branch address
  • A Chamber of Commerce registration
  • A valid VAT number

VertiCer is here for

Frequently asked questions

How does the Trading Portal work?

The manual can be found at Downloads.

Why should I cancel Guarantees of Origin and Certificates of Origin?

The purpose of Guarantees of Origin and Certificates of Origin is to establish the origin of delivered energy. Once the delivered electricity or renewable thermal energy is physically delivered, certificates have to be withdrawn and thus cancelled. In addition, energy suppliers can use cancelled certificates to prove their electricity label.

How do I book Guarantees of Origin and Certificates of Origin?

For electricity and thermal energy GoOs/CoOs: 

As a trader, you debit the deployed certificates from your account and mark these certificates as used. 

You do this via VertiCer's trading portal. The manual for the trading portal can be found under 'Downloads'. 

You are not allowed to actively write off Guarantees of Origin for use in the future. Only when you, as a trader, have accidentally cancelled too many Guarantees of Origin, you may allocate the surplus to a period in the future, but only after consultation with and approval by ACM. In this context, a cancelled Guarantee of Origin may not be allocated to the consumption period beyond the date on which the relevant Guarantee of Origin would have expired and a cancelled Guarantee of Origin may not be transferred to another trader.

What should I do if my trading account is taken over?

To do so, fill in the Takeover Form Commercial Account, and send it to VertiCer together with the Supplementary Declaration Commercial Account in pdf and signed. Both documents can be found under 'Downloads'. 

To send the completed and signed form, you can request a secure link via [email protected]. VertiCer will then send you an e-mail with access to a secure link, through which you can submit your documents. VertiCer is a subsidiary of TenneT and Gasunie and the secure link you will receive is on behalf of TenneT TSO, but the documents you submit will only be accessible for VertiCer to process.

We are there for you.

We are happy to help you. View the most frequently asked questions, or contact our service desk if you have not found the answer.

Frequently asked questionsContact us