Cookie preferences
SettingsI agree

For producers of green gas

Welcome to VertiCer, the hotline for certification for renewable energy carriers.

Are you a producer of green gas, or planning to become one? Then you can take care of all your business on this page. We will be happy to help you on your way!

What does VertiCer do?

VertiCer is the institution in the Netherlands that issues Guarantees of Origin (GvO) and certificate of origin (CvO) for all sustainable energy carriers. A GvO is the only proof that energy has been generated in a sustainable way. A CvO is the only proof that electricity was generated from fossil sources. Both GvOs and CvOs can be traded. VertiCer is the central point for all matters relating to this certification.

Registration as a green gas producer

This page tells you what you need to do to receive Guarantees of Origin for the green gas you produce.

To qualify for Guarantees of Origin, you must be registered as a producer with VertiCer. Your installation must also be approved by a determination by the grid operator and registered by VertiCer.

Roadmap for producer and production plant registration

  1. You can register yourself as a producer by filling in the registration form
  2. You will receive VertiCer's general terms and conditions.
  3. You will be registered as a producer and receive login codes for your VertiCer green gas environment.
  4. You register your production plant with VertiCer. You do this by emailing the signed determination form and the approved measurement protocol to [email protected]. The determination form can be found under Downloads. In this e-mail, you request VertiCer to register your production installation.
  5. VertiCer assesses the notification of your production plant. When all documents are submitted correctly and completely, we register your production plant. Your green gas production plant is definitively registered.

Register producer


Perform actions

Login MyVertiCer


Your production plant has been registered. What now?

Measured values
The metering values of your green gas plant are transmitted monthly by the grid operator to VertiCer around the 18e working day of the month. VertiCer processes supplied metering values for your installations. If you have several installations at one network point, your metering manager still applies a division by production installation.

Reporting requirement
See 'Overview' in downloads. 

Biomass registration
That the raw materials used are of sustainable origin must be demonstrated and communicated to VertiCer. Primarily, you do this through your monthly Biomass Registration. With this registration, you allocate the monthly production to the biomass types used (based on NTA8003 codes). In your biomass registration, you also have the option to indicate whether you claim SDE subsidy, or apply a voluntary sustainability scheme to your biomass streams. Together with the metering data, your biomass registration is the basis of the GvO issue.

Frequently asked questions

What is the notification status of my generating plant?

Have you registered your production plant? You can find the status of your production installation in MyVertiCer below 'Mijn productie installaties'. Under the overview you can find the explanation of the status.

Click here to go to MyVertiCer.

My registration for my production installation is about to expire or has expired. What should I do?

You need to re-register your production plant via MyVertiCer. Choose your role in the menu to go to MyVertiCer and register your production installation.

Where can I see registrations of production installations (Electricity and/or Thermal) that have an end date on or before 1-1-2022?

Due to the transition to our new portal in October 2023, all registrations that had a valid status on 1-1-2022 and/or pending applications, where the registration period also exceeds the date 1-1-2022, have been transferred to the new portal. This is the reason why you may not see all historical data of your registrations in the new portal.

To give you the opportunity to still view the data from before 1-1-2022, you can consult it in our 'old' portal. 

Consult history (Electricity and/or Thermal production installations):

  • Business registrations with eRecognition: click here
  • Private registrations with IDIN: click here.
  • Private registrations with OwnIDP: click here.
The details of my production installation have changed. What should I do?

You can only change your trader in MyVertiCer. If your production installation has changed, you must re-register it via MyVertiCer. Choose your role in the menu to go to MyVertiCer.

We are there for you.

We are happy to help you. View the most frequently asked questions, or contact our service desk if you have not found the answer.

Frequently asked questionsContact us