Cookie preferences
SettingsI agree

For hydrogen producers

Welcome to VertiCer, the counter for certification of renewable energy carriers.

Are you a hydrogen producer, or planning to become one? We would like to help you on your way! This page tells you what you need to do to receive Guarantees of Origin for the hydrogen you produce. 

What does VertiCer do?

VertiCer is the institution in the Netherlands that issues Guarantees of Origin (GvO) and certificate of origin (CvO) for all sustainable energy carriers. A GvO is the only proof that energy has been generated in a sustainable way. A CvO is the only proof that electricity was generated from fossil sources. Both GvOs and CvOs can be traded. VertiCer is the central point for all matters relating to this certification.

Select which topic you want to know more about below, or view the frequently asked questions.

Registration as a hydrogen producer

To qualify for Guarantees of Origin, you register as a producer with VertiCer. You also register your production installation(s). All production installations must be approved by the grid manager and/or metering officer.

Roadmap for producer and production plant registration

  1. You can register yourself as a producer by filling in the registration form.
  2. You will receive VertiCer's general terms and conditions.
  3. You will receive an activation link for your account on the VertiCer hydrogen environment. After activation, you set your password and complete the required data. VertiCer then approves your registration.
  4. You register your production plant with VertiCer. You do this by emailing the signed determination form and the approved measurement protocol to [email protected]. The determination form can be found here.
  5. VertiCer assesses the notification of your production plant. When all documents are submitted correctly and completely, we register your production plant. Your hydrogen production plant is finally registered.

  6. Register Producer


Perform actions

Login MyVertiCer


Your production plant has been registered. What now?

Measured values
The measured values of your hydrogen plant are transmitted monthly by your metering company to VertiCer. VertiCer processes supplied measurement values for your installations.

Reporting requirement
See overview.

Frequently asked questions

The details of my production installation have changed. What should I do?

You can only change your trader in MyVertiCer. If your production installation has changed, you must re-register it via MyVertiCer. Choose your role in the menu to go to MyVertiCer.

Which traders are there?

These can be found in the Traders' Overview under 'Downloads'. 

Why should I use a trader? Can't I sell my GoOs myself?

A registered trading account with VertiCer is required to trade MoUs and COOs. You can decide which trader you choose. This does not have to be your energy supplier. We recommend that you contact a trader in advance to record possible agreements about the COOs.

However, selling your own green gas and hydrogen GoOs can be done by the producer.

How can I switch traders?

For electricity, green gas and hydrogen: 

You can make the trader switch yourself in MyVertiCer. Choose your role in the menu bar with the appropriate energy carrier. Through this page you can go to MyVertiCer.

We are there for you.

We are happy to help you. View the most frequently asked questions, or contact our service desk if you have not found the answer.

Frequently asked questionsContact us