Cookie preferences
SettingsI agree

For producers of electricity

Welcome to VertiCer, the counter for certification of renewable energy carriers.

Are you a producer of electricity, or planning to become one? Then you can take care of all your business on this page. We will be happy to help you on your way!

To access the VertiCer platform from September 1, 2023 onwards, you must select the service "Login MyVertiCer" by company "VertiCer B.V." with your EHerkenningprovider. The assurance level remains unchanged. For more information see our newsitem.

What does VertiCer do?

VertiCer is the institution in the Netherlands that issues Guarantees of Origin (GoO) and certificate of origin (CoO) for all sustainable energy carriers. A GoO is the only proof that energy has been generated in a sustainable way. A CoO is the only proof that electricity was generated from fossil sources. Both GoOs and CoOs can be traded. VertiCer is the central point for all matters relating to this certification.

Select which topic you want to know more about below, or view the frequently asked questions.

Registration as a producer of electricity

This page tells you what you need to do to receive certificates for the electricity you produce.

To be eligible for the certificates, you must be registered as a producer with VertiCer. Your installation must also be approved by a determination by the grid operator and registered by VertiCer.

Roadmap for producer and production plant registration

How does registering my producer account and production facility work?

  1. You can register yourself as a producer by logging into MyVertiCer and completing the registration form.
  2. You can then register your installation directly and fill in the registration form . If you are already known as a producer, you can register your installation directly after logging in.
  3. You need a few details of your installation for your application: the nominal capacity (in MW), the EAN code of your grid connection, your grid operator and your chosen GoO trader.
  4. Your grid operator will work for you to register your installation with VertiCer. The status of your registration can be seen in MyVertiCer.
  5. Once your installation is approved, your grid operator will start sending in the production data after which VertiCer will issue the GoOs.
  6. Do you have a subsidy decision for your installation? After approval of your installation, we inform RvO. They will start working for you.


What information do I need to register my producer account and production installation?

  1. Your MyVertiCer login credentials are your eHerkenning credentials
  2. The rated capacity of your generating plant in MW. You can convert your power with this tool.
  3. The EAN code of your grid connection. You can find this here. Please note: Do you have several production plants behind one grid connection? Then you also need an EAN code for each installation. You can request this from your grid operator.
  4. The name of your trader. You choose this one yourself. In practice, these is usually electricity suppliers. We recommend that you contact your trader before you register. See the trader overview under "Downloads".

Register account or production installation


Your generating plant has been registered. What now?

The fact that the raw materials used are of sustainable origin must be demonstrated and communicated to VertiCer. For plant with only 1 origin, such as solar PV plants and wind turbines, you as a producer do not have to do anything after registration to process your measured values. For production plants with different types of biomass or multiple fossil fuels, there are different reporting requirements.

Measured values
The metering values are transmitted monthly by the grid operator to VertiCer around the 10th working day of each month, unless your installation has a connection value equal to or less than 3 x 80 A, in which case the grid operator may transmit your metering values annually. Based on these metering values, VertiCer issues the MoUs or COs.

Which reports to submit
See overview in 'Downloads'.

Monthly biomass registrations
If you are a producer of a generation plant with different types of biomass, you must enter your fuel percentages in MyVertiCer on a monthly basis, after the grid operator has sent in the measured values.

Quickly self-regulated

Want to send, view or change data? Choose what you want to do below and you will be taken to the right place.

Producent elektriciteit en thermie
Actions in MyVertiCer
I want to renew or deregister my production facility
I want to view my production plant data and/or measured values
I want to send in my monthly statement or any other report
I want to make a change
I want to change my contact/relationship details
Producent elektriciteit en thermie
Actions in MyVertiCer
I want to renew or deregister my production facility
I want to view my production plant data and/or measured values
I want to send in my monthly statement or any other report
I want to make a change
I want to change my contact/relationship details
No MyVertiCer account yet?

Frequently asked questions

What is the notification status of my generating plant?

You can find the current status of your electricity or thermal energy production plant in the application. 

  1. Waiting for ApprovalThe grid operator has not yet given its approval. You can check the reason with the grid operator.
  2. On hold: The grid operator has put the registration on hold. You can check the reason with the grid operator.
  3. Approved: Good news! VertiCer will finally register the installation within 3 days.
  4. RejectedThe registration has been rejected. You can check the reason with the network operator.
  5. Expired: Your installation's registration has expired. You must re-register your installation.
How can I switch traders?

For electricity, green gas and hydrogen: 

You can make the trader switch yourself in MyVertiCer. Choose your role in the menu bar with the appropriate energy carrier. Through this page you can go to MyVertiCer.

Why should I use a trader? Can't I sell my GoOs myself?

A registered trading account with VertiCer is required to trade MoUs and COOs. You can decide which trader you choose. This does not have to be your energy supplier. We recommend that you contact a trader in advance to record possible agreements about the COOs.

However, selling your own green gas and hydrogen GoOs can be done by the producer.

My registration for my production plant is about to expire. What should I do?

For Electrical and thermal power generation plants:

You can renew your registration from 3 months prior to the date your registration expires.

You can arrange the renewal of your registration for an electric generating plant yourself online in My VertiCer. You can also find explanations on renewal in the user manual for producers in 'Downloads'. You then submit a so-called Re-request for Determination. After approval from your grid operator, you will receive a confirmation of this re-registration from VertiCer. The effective date of the reregistration corresponds to the end date of the previous registration. 

The renewal of your registration of a thermal energy production plant has not yet been digitised. You will receive an e-mail from us with a document attached approximately 3 months before your registration expires. You as the producer and your metering company must sign the document. You can then send it in PDF to [email protected]. VertiCer will then process the extension for you and you will receive a confirmation as soon as the registration has been extended.

We are there for you.

We are happy to help you. View the most frequently asked questions, or contact our service desk if you have not found the answer.

Frequently asked questionsContact us