Cookie preferences
SettingsI agree


VertiCer is the institution in the Netherlands that issues Guarantees of Origin (GvO) and certificate of origin (CvO) for all sustainable energy carriers. A GvO is the only proof that energy has been generated in a sustainable way. A CvO is the only proof that electricity was generated from fossil sources.

Both GvOs and CvOs can be traded. VertiCer is the central point for all matters relating to this certification.


To trade in GvOs, you register as a trader with VertiCer. A producer can appoint a trader himself. You can indicate when you register whether producers can choose you as a trader via this form. Or perhaps you already have contact with a producer yourself.

After you receive MoUs in your trading account, you can then trade them to European energy suppliers or other traders. The GvOs can also be charged off to end users or the NEa for HBEs. This takes place within VertiCer's trading portal.

To create a trading account, you pay an annual fee. In addition, monthly fees are charged for trading actions. The specific fees can be found in Downloads.

Register as a trader

Quickly self-regulated

Want to send, view or change data? Choose what you want to do below and you will be taken to the right place.

No MyVertiCer account yet?
Handelaren Groen gas/Waterstof
Actions in MyVertiCer
I want to go to the general trading portal
Handelaren Groen gas/Waterstof
Actions in MyVertiCer
I want to go to the general trading portal
No MyVertiCer account yet?

Frequently asked questions

How does the Trading Portal work?

The manual can be found at Downloads.

Why should I cancel Guarantees of Origin and Certificates of Origin?

The purpose of Guarantees of Origin and Certificates of Origin is to establish the origin of delivered energy. Once the delivered electricity or renewable thermal energy is physically delivered, certificates have to be withdrawn and thus cancelled. In addition, energy suppliers can use cancelled certificates to prove their electricity label.

How much does participation in the GoO and CoO system cost?

Rates can be found here.

What should I do if my trading account is taken over?

To do so, fill in the Takeover Form Commercial Account, and send it to VertiCer together with the Supplementary Declaration Commercial Account in pdf and signed. Both documents can be found under 'Downloads'. 

To send the completed and signed form, you can request a secure link via [email protected]. VertiCer will then send you an e-mail with access to a secure link, through which you can submit your documents. VertiCer is a subsidiary of TenneT and Gasunie and the secure link you will receive is on behalf of TenneT TSO, but the documents you submit will only be accessible for VertiCer to process.

We are there for you.

We are happy to help you. View the most frequently asked questions, or contact our service desk if you have not found the answer.

Frequently asked questionsContact us