Cookie preferences
SettingsI agree

Frequently asked questions

Search by category:
How does the Trading Portal work?

The manual can be found at Downloads.

How do I book Guarantees of Origin and Certificates of Origin?

For electricity and thermal energy GoOs/CoOs: 

As a trader, you debit the deployed certificates from your account and mark these certificates as used. 

You do this via VertiCer's trading portal. The manual for the trading portal can be found under 'Downloads'. 

You are not allowed to actively write off Guarantees of Origin for use in the future. Only when you, as a trader, have accidentally cancelled too many Guarantees of Origin, you may allocate the surplus to a period in the future, but only after consultation with and approval by ACM. In this context, a cancelled Guarantee of Origin may not be allocated to the consumption period beyond the date on which the relevant Guarantee of Origin would have expired and a cancelled Guarantee of Origin may not be transferred to another trader.

I like to deregister my trading account, how can I do that?

You can deregister your trading account by sending an e-mail to our Servicedesk, at [email protected].

In this e-mail, please indicate which Account holder ID your request relates to and the date by which the trading account can be deregistered. 

Please note that the end date can be set to the 1st day of the following month at the earliest.

How much does participation in the GoO and CoO system cost?

Rates can be found here.

Please note!!! Due to the new tariffs 2024, the tariff for the "Creation of GvO Thermal and Electricity" on the invoice has been harmonised with Green Gas and Hydrogen. As a result, the rate for all energy carriers per GvO will be €0.010 in total being €0.005 for creation and €0.005 for transfer to the trader.

What should I do if my trading account is taken over?

To do so, fill in the Takeover Form Commercial Account, and send it to VertiCer together with the Supplementary Declaration Commercial Account in pdf and signed. Both documents can be found under 'Downloads'. 

To send the completed and signed form, you can request a secure link via [email protected]. VertiCer will then send you an e-mail with access to a secure link, through which you can submit your documents. VertiCer is a subsidiary of TenneT and Gasunie and the secure link you will receive is on behalf of TenneT TSO, but the documents you submit will only be accessible for VertiCer to process.

Why should I cancel Guarantees of Origin and Certificates of Origin?

The purpose of Guarantees of Origin and Certificates of Origin is to establish the origin of delivered energy. Once the delivered electricity or renewable thermal energy is physically delivered, certificates have to be withdrawn and thus cancelled. In addition, energy suppliers can use cancelled certificates to prove their electricity label.

Which Guarantees of Origin and Certificates of Origin may I import and export?

Trading (European) is allowed only if strict requirements are met. 

VertiCer is a member of the 'Association of Issuing Bodies' (AIB). The AIB organises the trade in European Guarantees of Origin, partly by drawing up a set of rules ('European Energy Certification System' (EECS), so that Guarantees of Origin are comparable across Europe. 

In addition, the AIB also operates the 'AIB hub', an IT platform over which trade with standardised GOs takes place. 

If you want to import certificates, your trading account must be known to the issuing body of the country concerned. If this is not the case, please contact the issuing body of the trading partner from which you will receive the GoOs or Disclosure certificates.

If you want to export certificates, the receiving trader must be registered with VertiCer. If this is not the case, please contact VertiCer at[email protected]. 

The Netherlands may only import and export Guarantees of Origin made by a body that is a member of the AIB. In addition, the country of this body must belong to the European Economic Area (all EU countries plus Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland). This means, for example, that importing and exporting to Switzerland and the UK is not allowed.